Molly Boeder Harris
Over the past decade, Molly Boeder Harris has worked in community-based rape crisis centers as a medical and legal advocate, provided crisis support and prevention education for students on college campuses and has directed a campus Women’s Center.
During that time, she also became a certified yoga instructor and has since been teaching yoga at rape crisis centers, yoga studios, counseling clinics and social service agencies.
In 2012, Molly founded The Breathe Network, a national, non-profit organization that connects survivors of sexual violence with sliding-scale, trauma-informed, holistic healing arts practitioners.
Molly holds a Master’s Degree in International Studies and a Master’s Certificate in Women’s and Gender Studies. Most recently, Molly began training in Somatic Experiencing, the trauma-resolution method developed by Dr. Peter Levine, with the intention of synthesizing her work as a yoga instructor teaching trauma survivors with this revolutionary technique.
The Quote [3:04]
The body remembers, the bones remember, the joints remember, even the little finger remembers. Memory is lodged in pictures and feelings in the cells themselves. Like a sponge filled with water, anywhere the flesh is pressed, wrung, even touched lightly, a memory may flow out in a stream.
Clarissa Pincola Estes
What Led to the Specialization of Trauma? [7:52]
A Crucial Early Mistake [28:37]
Molly’s Why [9:26]
Molly’s advice [28:24]
Molly’s go-to books [33:10]
- Waking the Tiger: Healing Trauma, Peter A. Levine
- In an Unspoken Voice: How the Body Releases Trauma and Restores Goodness, Peter A. Levine
- Molly’s website
- The Breathe Network
- Molly’s email: [email protected]
- Molly on Twitter
- Peter Levine’s site: Somatic Experiencing
- Women Who Run with the Wolves, Clarissa Pinkola Estés
The Trauma Therapist Project Resources
- My First Online Course: Inner-Work For The New Trauma Worker.
- 7-Day, $1 Trial of Trauma Therapist | 2.0, the place for new trauma workers.
- Coaching: One On One With Guy. For new trauma workers starting out on their trauma-informed journey looking for guidance, direction, and confidence.
- Free Ebook From Audible.com