If You’re Going Through Hell Keep Going. Carl Waggett
This week I’m proud to announce that I have a firefighter, Carl Waggett, back on the podcast. (Carl was a guest back on episode 229 of The Trauma Therapist | Podcast.)
Carl’s on a mission to help others heal from PTSD.
He’s got a podcast, he’s doing Facebook Live, and he’s on YouTube. With everything he’s got going on I think it’s fair to say that he’s put together a pretty amazing tour de force, and all with the goal of helping others heal, and avoiding some of the missteps he took along his journey.
Carl’s been a full-time firefighter for the past 14 years, and Acting Captain for 4 of them. After a fellow-firefighter and close friend of Carl’s ended his own life, Carl removed himself from the front line trucks only to be diagnosed with PTSD a short time afterward. Carl says he’s learning that there are many sides to this very intelligent disorder, and would simply like to share his experiences in the hope that others understand that PTSD is more of a winnable battle then you think.
Carl started his podcast, PTSD Bunker Gear For Your Brain, after his experiences with PTSD and to help other first responders.
Carl’s Advice For Trauma Workers
- The important thing to instill in yourself is to work on yourself all the time. Work on being healthy and on being an example to the people you’re going to treat.
Carl’s Go-To Books
The Trauma Therapist Project Resources
- My First Online Course: Inner-Work For The New Trauma Worker.
- 7-Day, $1 Trial of Trauma Therapist | 2.0, the place for new trauma workers.
- Coaching: One On One With Guy. For new trauma workers starting out on their trauma-informed journey looking for guidance, direction, and confidence.
- Free Ebook From Audible.com