Susan Pease Banitt. Wisdom, Attachment & Love in Trauma Therapy.
I’m very excited to have Susan Pease Banitt, LCSW back on the podcast!
In this episode we talk about Susan’s inspiring new book, Wisdom, Attachment, and Love in Trauma Therapy: Beyond Evidence-Based Practice.
This book addresses something I’m very passionate about and which I’ve been focusing on more and more in my work here at The Trauma Therapist Project.
And it is this: The role of the trauma therapist, and the cultivation of authenticity, presence and vulnerability.
Susan is a clinical social worker, speaker, and author who specializes in the treatment of severe trauma, dissociative disorders, and PTSD.
She has worked in the field of mental health for more than four decades in diverse settings: inpatient, outpatient, and medical with adults and children, and trained in the Harvard medical teaching hospitals in Boston, MA.
She is a Clinical Supervisor, Reiki Master, Kripalu trained yoga teacher and shamanic healer in the Celtic tradition. Susan wrote the award-winning book The Trauma Tool Kit: Healing PTSD From the Inside Out (Quest Books) in 2012. Her second book: Wisdom, Attachment and Love in Trauma Therapy: Beyond Evidence-Based Practice (2018) has just been released by Routledge Press. She has a private practice in beautiful Portland, Oregon where she lives with her husband and a menagerie of wise pets.
In This Episode
- Susan’s website
- Wisdom, Attachment, and Love in Trauma Therapy: Beyond Evidence-Based Practice, Susan Pease Banitt
- The Trauma Tool Kit: Healing PTSD from the Inside Out, Susan Pease Banitt
The Trauma Therapist Project Resources
- My First Online Course: Inner-Work For The New Trauma Worker.
- 7-Day, $1 Trial of Trauma Therapist | 2.0, the place for new trauma workers.
- Coaching: One On One With Guy. For new trauma workers starting out on their trauma-informed journey looking for guidance, direction, and confidence.
- Free Ebook From Audible.com