Unapologetic Vulnerability. Zahabiyah Yamasaki
I’d like to thank my sponsors for this episode:
My guest today, Zabie Yamasaki, truly believes in the healing power of yoga and has had the opportunity to transform her own trauma through the healing asana practice.
For years, Zabie’s unfaltering support for survivors of sexual violence has manifested itself in many forms. She has ultimately made it her life’s goal to help empower survivors of assault to regain their strength and self-worth.
Zabie is a founding individual practitioner of The Breathe Network, an organization that connects survivors of sexual violence to holistic healing arts practitioners that offer all services on a sliding scale.
She is the Founder of Transcending Sexual Trauma through Yoga, an organization with the mission of empowering survivors to heal through the practice of yoga.
During her graduate career, Zabie engaged in numerous efforts to help prevent sexual assault through her campus role as the Coordinator of Sexual Violence Prevention. Zabie was previously the Assistant Director of UC Irvine Campus Assault Resources and Education (CARE) where she developed an 8-week therapeutic yoga program for survivors of sexual assault. She is now working as the Program Director of Trauma-Informed Yoga Programs at UCLA where she oversees wellness and alternative healing modalities for survivors, including therapeutic yoga.
Healing comes in waves and maybe today the wave hits the rocks and that’s ok, that’s ok, darling, you are still healing, you are still healing.
In This Episode
- Zabie’s website
- Amy Wheeler
- Teacher Training
- Survivors on the Yoga Mat: Stories for Those Healing from Trauma, Becky Thompson
- Yoga for Emotional Balance: Simple Practices to Help Relieve Anxiety and Depression, Bo Forbes
The Trauma Therapist Project Resources
- My First Online Course: Inner-Work For The New Trauma Worker.
- 7-Day, $1 Trial of Trauma Therapist | 2.0, the place for new trauma workers.
- Coaching: One On One With Guy. For new trauma workers starting out on their trauma-informed journey looking for guidance, direction, and confidence.
- Free Ebook From Audible.com