Trauma Therapist Live: Starting
My name is Guy Macpherson. I am a husband, father and a brother. I have a doctorate in clinical psychology and focus on the study of trauma and early psychosis. My passion is raising the awareness of trauma and helping trauma therapists thrive.
I do this by helping trauma clinicians engage more effectively and deeply with their clients by:
- Sharing trauma information and materials
- The Trauma Therapist Podcast
- Trauma Therapist elite
For the last six years I have dedicated myself to the study of trauma psychology, trauma therapy, post-traumatic growth, and most recently, the intersection of trauma and psychosis, specifically the signs of early psychosis.
In this, another episode of Trauma Therapist Live, we continue a discussion on the topic of Becoming a Trauma Therapist.
Today the topic is Starting.
- How do we actually begin working with individuals who have been traumatized?
- What do we say, or do? And not say or do?
- What are some of the common struggles?
- How do we manage the recognition of our own needs against those of our client’s?
In this episode I share a few personal stories which have happened to me recently in which I have gotten into discussions with colleagues about just this topic.
United State Association for Body Psychotherapy: A therapist-centered membership association committed to organizing, representing, and shaping the future of psychotherapy. Supported by a rich history in somatic psychology and the healing potential of body/mind integration, body psychotherapists help people to deal with their concerns not only through talking but also by helping them to become deeply aware of their bodily sensations, emotions, images, movements, and behaviours.
The Trauma Therapist Project Resources
- My First Online Course: Inner-Work For The New Trauma Worker.
- 7-Day, $1 Trial of Trauma Therapist | 2.0, the place for new trauma workers.
- Coaching: One On One With Guy. For new trauma workers starting out on their trauma-informed journey looking for guidance, direction, and confidence.
- Free Ebook From Audible.com