Trauma Therapist | 2.0 Member Update with Jessica Culp
This week I’m so excited to have back on the podcast, Trauma Therapist | 2.0 member, Jessica Culp.
Jessica first joined me on episode 237.
I thought it would be a great idea to invite her back to talk about her experiences as a student, a young therapist, and as a member of Trauma Therapist | 2.0, progressing along her trauma-informed journey.
Jessica is a graduate student at Lincoln Christian University in Lincoln, Illinois. As part of the University’s Seminary program, she hopes to achieve her Masters in Arts Counseling Degree in 2018.
This will be Jessica’s second career, after receiving her Bachelor’s degree in Communications in 2003 and working in the marketing and resource development field for three local nonprofit organizations that included a foodbank, a children’s home and a crisis nursery.
Jessica has been listening to the Trauma Therapist Podcast since she began her studies in counseling in September of 2015, and joined Trauma Therapist 2.0 in December 2016.
In This Episode
- Jessica shares her experiences as a graduate student, what it was like working in her first placement, and now in her second placement, in a mental health center. Some of the topics we talk about in this episode are:
- Being the lone trauma-informed therapist at a site
- Being proactive about developing your support system
- The role of Trauma Therapist | 2.0 in Jessica’s process and path.
The Trauma Therapist Project Resources
- My First Online Course: Inner-Work For The New Trauma Worker.
- 7-Day, $1 Trial of Trauma Therapist | 2.0, the place for new trauma workers.
- Coaching: One On One With Guy. For new trauma workers starting out on their trauma-informed journey looking for guidance, direction, and confidence.
- Free Ebook From Audible.com