Trauma & The Struggle to Open Up. Robert T. Muller, Ph.D.
Robert T. Muller, Ph.D. is here to talk about his new book, Trauma & The Struggle to Open Up. Dr. Muller trained at Harvard, was on faculty at the University of Massachusetts, and is currently at York University in Toronto.
A giant thank-you to my sponsors for this episode:
CPTSD Foundation provides peer-led, daily, interactive group calls in a safe atmosphere for survivors of complex trauma, equipping them with skills and information they can use every single day in their healing journey. Receive 50% off the first month when you join at: http://bit.ly/2MEbBqc
Somatic Experiencing Trauma Institute:
Trauma may be a fact of life, but it doesn’t have to be a life sentence. Somatic Experiencing is a psychobiological method of addressing clients’ physical and emotional trauma conditions, and helps to give voice to their experiences without a need for them to retell the story. For more information please visit: https://traumahealing.org/kser
Dr. Muller is a Fellow of the International Society for the Study of Trauma & Dissociation (ISSTD) for his work on trauma treatment. His new book is Trauma & The Struggle to Open Up, and his therapy bestseller, Trauma & the Avoidant Client, has been translated widely, and won the 2011 ISSTD award for the year’s best written work on trauma.
As lead investigator on several multi-site programs to treat interpersonal trauma, Dr. Muller has lectured internationally (Australia, UK, Europe, USA), and has been keynote speaker at mental health conferences in New Zealand and Canada. His online magazine, “The Trauma & Mental Health Report,” is visited by over 100,000 readers a year.
In This Episode
- Trauma & the Struggle to Open Up, Robert T. Muller
- Trauma & the Avoidant Client, Robert T. Muller
- Robert’s email: [email protected]
- The Trauma & Mental Health Report
- Rebuilding Shattered Lives: Treating Complex PTSD and Dissociative Disorders, James A. Chu
The Trauma Therapist Project Resources
- My First Online Course: Inner-Work For The New Trauma Worker.
- 7-Day, $1 Trial of Trauma Therapist | 2.0, the place for new trauma workers.
- Coaching: One On One With Guy. For new trauma workers starting out on their trauma-informed journey looking for guidance, direction, and confidence.
- Free Ebook From Audible.com