Tracy is a nutrition therapist, registered licensed dietitian and attuned eating coach in private practice providing in-person, phone and online counseling since 2006. Tracy specializes in the treatment of eating disorders and eating problems for both adults and children.
Tracy’s experiences center on counseling and coaching in outpatient and intensive outpatient eating disorder settings and mindful, intuitive eating individual and group sessions. She maintains both an in-person and online practice with people from all over the country. Tracy has worked with individuals and groups on healing their worries with food, weight, body image and movement, championing their freedom through connection with their inner wisdom, using nutrition information gently and relying on intuitive eating.
Tracy also uses a personality based psychological and spiritual system called the Enneagram to help clients see where habitual ego patterns get them stuck (especially with food or body image issues) and how to operate more from the current moment as well as somatic tracking, grounding, resourcing and other tools to help people feel their own experiences to foster embodiment.
Curiosity. Compassion. Courage.
What Led to the Specialization of Trauma?
Tracy shares how her own experiences of difficulties with body image inspired her to help others.
An Early Mistake
Tracy talks about how her eagerness and desire to do too much for her clients once interfered with her providing the best treatment she could.
I get to see the unfolding of my clients and see the ripples of their wholeness.
- For therapists interested in helping their clients: Gently bring up the idea of looking at issues first from a non-dietary perspective.
- Be curious and compassionate.
- Explore the idea of intuitive eating.
Tracy’s go-to books
- Eating in the Light of the Moon: How Women Can Transform Their Relationship with Food Through Myths, Metaphors, and Storytelling, Anita A. Johnston PhD.
- The One Thing Holding You Back: Unleashing the Power of Emotional Connection, Raphael Cushnir
TheraNest.com is a practice management and therapy notes software used by thousands in mental health and social services. TheraNest includes an easy to use calendar with group appointments, multi-staff, and recurring appointments. Enable voice, text message, and email reminders to reduce cancellations and no shows. Create invoices, superbills, accept payments including credit cards and submit insurance claims electronically. Enter case notes using one of our note templates (e.g., Progress Notes, Treatment Plans, Initial Assessments, Group Notes and Contact Notes) or create your own template. Store all your notes and forms in TheraNest with unlimited document storage. We serve thousands of practices of all sizes and process millions in payments monthly for private practices. Best customer support in the business. Fast, friendly, and most importantly, helpful, we will stop at nothing to provide top-tier support. Save 20% on your first 3 months when you sign up at theranest.com/TraumaTherapist.
The Trauma Therapist Project Resources
- My First Online Course: Inner-Work For The New Trauma Worker.
- Free 7-Day Trial of Trauma Therapist | 2.0, the place for new trauma workers.
- Coaching: One On One With Guy. For new trauma workers starting out on their trauma-informed journey looking for guidance, direction, and confidence.
- Free Ebook From Audible.com
- Support the podcast by becoming a Patron and receive benefits as a thank-you!