Tonya L. Bassett, LCSW, CADC, CTT
Tonya is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Certified Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Counselor (CADC), and Certified Trauma Therapist (CTT). Her area of concentration has been in the work of addiction and trauma healing.
Tonya developed and implemented the Midwest’s first trauma intensive, located in Bloomington, Ill, and which goes by the name, Healing Within – A Trauma Recovery Program. Tonya is owner of her own practice, Tonya L. Bassett Counseling located in Bloomington, Illinois.
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
What Led to the Specialization of Trauma?
Tonya shares the pretty incredible story of attending a conference she didn’t truly want to attend, but then sitting in on a speakers who would end up shifting the trajectory of her career and life.
A Crucial Early Mistake
Tonya shares a story about the challenges of distinguishing between silence and dissociation.
Everyone goes through trials and tribulations, and I believe there’s a reason that we go through those experiences. I want to provide a journey for those trails for my clients.
- Read, read, read, read, read! And even though you’ve read a book once, re-read it!
- Attend as many trauma trainings as you can.
- Walk with someone who is where you want to be. Find someone in the field who will be a mentor to you and guide you and then take on their advice!
Tonya’s go-to books
- The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma, Bessel van der Kolk M.D.
- Yoga for Emotional Trauma: Meditations and Practices for Healing Pain and Suffering, Mary NurrieStearns
- [email protected]
- Healing Within – A Trauma Recovery Program website
- Healing Within – A Trauma Recovery Program on Facebook
- Tonya’s trainings
- Judy Crane
The Trauma Therapist Project Resources
- My First Online Course: Inner-Work For The New Trauma Worker.
- 7-Day, $1 Trial of Trauma Therapist | 2.0, the place for new trauma workers.
- Coaching: One On One With Guy. For new trauma workers starting out on their trauma-informed journey looking for guidance, direction, and confidence.
- Free Ebook From Audible.com