Tom Kavanaugh is an honorably discharged veteran of the U.S. Marine Corps, and has a Master’s Degree in Transpersonal Psychology. Tom is a Licensed Master Trainer inPhotoReading Whole Mind System™ as well as in Neuro Linguistic Programming™ (NLP).
Tom has created The R.E.L.E.A.S.E. Method™, a multi-faceted protocol, based upon accelerated learning techniques that release attachment to the effects of Post-Traumatic Stress.
One of the things that’s inspired me in my journey is a search for getting smarter.
What Led to the Specialization of Trauma?
Tom shares the story of when he was introduced to NLP and how that led to his working with individuals suffering from PTSD.
A Crucial Early Mistake
Tom talks about the experience he had working with one of his first clients. Though Tom was able to help this individual decrease his symptoms, he neglected to inform the client of what he might expect, eg, the feelings, thoughts, and experiences that come with working through trauma and new-found health.
Why do I do this? Because I want to help mend the wounded learner.
- Do as much research as possible into the different avenues for working with people in trauma and get to the point when you are 100 percent confident that what you do is going to work.
- Become familiar with Time Line Therapy. Time Line Therapy and the Basis of Personality, Tad James.
- Check out Bill Harris’ sound program and Centerpointe Research Institute.
- Work with everyone you can work with as often as possible to hone your own skill set to discover your own strengths and capitalize on those strengths.
Tom’s go-to books
- The Sedona Method: Your Key to Lasting Happiness, Success, Peace and Emotional Well-Being, Hale Dwoskin
- The Resiliency Advantage: Master Change, Thrive Under Pressure, and Bounce Back from Setbacks, Al Siebert
- Delayed Posttraumatic Stress Disorders from Infancy: The Two Trauma Mechanism, Clancy D McKenzie MD
- Tom’s website
- Tom’s phone: 805-746-5648