Tim Desmond, LMFT
Tim Desmond is a student of Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh, the author of Self-Compassion in Psychotherapy: Mindfulness-Based Practices for Healing and Transformation, and the co-founder of Morning Sun Mindfulness Center. He travels regularly, teaching mindfulness and self-compassion practices to professional and popular audiences, including Yale Medical Center and the Institute for Meditation and Psychotherapy. He recently launched a 12-week online training called Foundations of Self-Compassion through his website www.timdesmond.net
All compassion comes from suffering, and great compassion comes from great suffering.
For me the business of the human being is both cultivating joy and transforming suffering.
- Get to know your own suffering, because it’s your best teacher.
Tim’s go-to books
- Radical Acceptance: Embracing Your Life With the Heart of a Buddha, Tara Brach
- Fear: Essential Wisdom for Getting Through the Storm, Thich Nhat Hanh
- Tim’s Website
- Self-Compassion in Psychotherapy: Mindfulness-Based Practices for Healing and Transformation, Tim Desmond LMFT
- Morning Sun Mindfulness Center.
- Tim on Facebook
- Tim’s online training
- Thich Nhat Hanh
The Trauma Therapist Project Resources
- My First Online Course: Inner-Work For The New Trauma Worker.
- 7-Day, $1 Trial of Trauma Therapist | 2.0, the place for new trauma workers.
- Coaching: One On One With Guy. For new trauma workers starting out on their trauma-informed journey looking for guidance, direction, and confidence.
- Free Ebook From Audible.com