The Ways Our Path Inspires Us. Sebastian Slovin
Turning tragedy into purpose.
There are few things in this world that can be as devastating as the death of a loved on.
Sebastian Slovin turned the experience of his father’s death into his purpose.
He grew up in La Jolla, California and traveled extensively as a professional bodyboarder. Through his travel, Sebastian developed a deep love and appreciation for our natural world, and at the same time was drawn to the practice of yoga. As a young boy, Sebastian lost his father to suicide, which would later deeply inspire his path in life.
Sebastian holds a BA in Environmental Policy from San Diego State University and an MA in Leadership Studies from the University of San Diego.
He and his wife, Sonya, founded Nature Unplugged, which focuses on cultivating wellness through healthier relationships with technology and a deeper connection to nature. When he is not writing or working on Nature Unplugged, Sebastian enjoys swimming, bodysurfing, surfing, and stand-up paddling (pretty much all things) in the wild Pacific Ocean.
Everything is shown up by being exposed to the light. And whatever is exposed to the light, becomes light.
In This Episode
- Sebastian’s website
- Nature unplugged
- Sebastian’s coaching
- Sebastian’s book: Ashes in the Ocean: A Son’s Story of Living Through and Learning From His Father’s Suicide
- Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life
The Trauma Therapist Project Resources
- My First Online Course: Inner-Work For The New Trauma Worker.
- Free 7-Day Trial of Trauma Therapist | 2.0, the place for new trauma workers.
- Coaching: One On One With Guy. For new trauma workers starting out on their trauma-informed journey looking for guidance, direction, and confidence.
- Free Ebook From Audible.com
- Support the podcast by becoming a Patron and receive benefits as a thank-you!