The Trauma of Invisibility. Beck Gee-Cohen, MA, LADC
Beck Gee-Cohen is back!
Beck joined me previously on episode 74 of The Trauma Therapist | Podcast.
I truly love having Beck on the podcast because he brings a powerful authenticity to the way he incorporates his own story and struggles and strengths into the work he does. And that inspires me!
First though, a huge thank-you to my sponsors who help me keep this thing going!
CPTSD Foundation provides peer-led, daily, interactive group calls, in a safe atmosphere for survivors of complex trauma, equipping them with skills and information they can use every single day in their healing journey.
Receive 50% off the first month when you join at http://bit.ly/2MEbBqc
This episode is also sponsored by Somatic Experiencing® Trauma Institute (SETI)
And thank-you to PESI
The latest research from neuroscience and psychotherapy has shown we can rewire the brain to facilitate trauma recovery.
Check out Jennifer Sweeton’s new book, The Trauma Treatment Toolbox, through PESI and save $10 plus free shipping with code JS10.
Go to https://www.pesi.com/toolbox.
Today Beck continues to train clinicians and facility staff on LGBTQ+ issues, helps facilities establish LGBTQ+ inclusive policies, and provides program development for facilities that want to expand their services to LGBTQ+ populations.
Beck helps institutions through his company, BGC Consulting and also works with LGBTQ identified young people and their families to help navigate educational institutions and treatment settings as an associate consultant at The Romeyn Collective.
In This Episode
- Beck’s website
- Beck on Facebook
- Beck’s training & consulting
- How to Understand Your Gender, Alex Iantaffi
- The Transgender Teen: A Handbook for Parents and Professionals Supporting Transgender and Non-Binary Teens, Stephanie Brill, Lisa Kenney
- The Trevor Project
- Trans Lifeline
The Trauma Therapist Project Resources
- My First Online Course: Inner-Work For The New Trauma Worker.
- 7-Day, $1 Trial of Trauma Therapist | 2.0, the place for new trauma workers.
- Coaching: One On One With Guy. For new trauma workers starting out on their trauma-informed journey looking for guidance, direction, and confidence.
- Free Ebook From Audible.com