The Power of The Present Moment. Suzanne Scurlock-Durana
Suzanne Scurlock-Durana is the author of Reclaiming Your Body and Full Body Presence. She is one of the world’s leading authorities on conscious awareness and its transformational impact on the healing process.
Her Healing from the Core curriculum combined with CranioSacral therapy and other bodywork modalities creates a complete, body-centered guide to awareness, healing, and joy.
Tara Brach, author of Radical Acceptance and True Refuge, has this to say about Suzanne’s book: “A master teacher and healer, Suzanne Scurlock-Durana draws on her decades of work facilitating profound transformation in people suffering from a range of physical and emotional dis-ease. The result is a brilliant and compelling guide to the deepest freedom — living from awake, vibrant, loving presence.”
Reclaiming Your Body empowers readers to reconnect with their body’s inherent guidance system. The book explains how unresolved trauma becomes lodged in our bodies, blocking the ability of its communication system to share its wisdom and strategies. This can cause us to flounder when making decisions, remain in less-than-ideal or unsafe situations, and/or end up living a life that truly isn’t ours — while the whole time our body is madly signaling us with the answers and solutions we seek.
Suzanne, who has spent thirty years studying the gifts of the body and teaching thousands how to reclaim them, sets the stage for experiencing full body presence by offering ways to experience direct sensation, since developing this skill is necessary to be able to hear the body’s messages.
In This Episode
- The Shift Network
- Suzanne’s book recommendation: The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma, Bessel van der Kolk, MD
- Suzanne’s website
- Suzanne’s workshops
- Contact Suzanne about speaking
The Trauma Therapist Project Resources
- My First Online Course: Inner-Work For The New Trauma Worker.
- Free 7-Day Trial of Trauma Therapist | 2.0, the place for new trauma workers.
- Coaching: One On One With Guy. For new trauma workers starting out on their trauma-informed journey looking for guidance, direction, and confidence.
- Free Ebook From Audible.com
- Support the podcast by becoming a Patron and receive benefits as a thank-you!