The Difference Between Dysfunction and Trauma. Nate Postlethwait
Nate Postlethwait (Postal-weight) recently left a successful 13-year career in real estate to begin sharing his story of overcoming complex trauma.
Nate is 41 years old and has been in therapy for 23 years fighting to make sense of much of what he was experiencing in his mind and body.
Nate, and the fact that he’s now sharing his story, and the way that he’s sharing his story, is what this podcast is all about.
It’s called courage.
First off, a huge thank-you to my sponsors:
This episode is sponsored by: PESI
Clinicians have advanced their practice and improved client outcomes with education from PESI’s live and online CE seminars for over 40 years. Join their elite community of professionals, influencers and inspirers today and save $35 on your first online CE training with promo code 35PESI: http://bit.ly/2CluAOr
This episode is also sponsored by CPTSD Foundation, who has been successfully equipping complex trauma survivors and practitioners with compassionate support, skills, and trauma-informed education since 2014. Thank you!!
Nate Postlethwait’s greatest desire is for others to know and understand the difference between dysfunction and trauma, and where to go to get the appropriate help. He hopes to be a pioneer in the way people perceive male sexual abuse and the process for male victims. He is currently traveling the world for a year while building this platform, and personally putting all the disciplines in place to make self care a top priority.
His blog and podcast launched just 2 months ago, and already, have gathered thousands of followers.
You can not postpone life for life, because then when you get there, your heart can no longer hold the dream.
In The Episode
- Nate’s website
- The Other Side of Saved podcast
- Nate’s Resource Page
- Silently Seduced: When Parents Make Their Children Partners, Kenneth Adams Ph.D.
- The Drama of the Gifted Child: The Search for the True Self, Revised Edition, Alice Miller
The Trauma Therapist Project Resources
- My First Online Course: Inner-Work For The New Trauma Worker.
- 7-Day, $1 Trial of Trauma Therapist | 2.0, the place for new trauma workers.
- Coaching: One On One With Guy. For new trauma workers starting out on their trauma-informed journey looking for guidance, direction, and confidence.
- Free Ebook From Audible.com