Stephanie Seldin Howard: The Weight of Honor
A large part of my focus with The Trauma Therapist | Podcast has been supporting those therapists and the filmmakers who work with and/or help to heal military veterans.
There have been a number of filmmakers and I take it as one of my goals to do what I can to support their work.
Today I have as my guest Stephanie Seldin Howard, the Director and Producer of The Weight of Honor, a documentary about families caring for their catastrophically wounded loved ones returning from wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Stephanie believes empathy is the driving force behind storytelling, something she attributes to her 25-year career as a broadcast news producer. The Omaha, Nebraska native is the recipient of a Los Angeles Emmy Award coupled with two additional Los Angeles Emmy nominations.
Stephanie has produced specials and documentaries for CNN, Fox News Channel, and Reuters as well as local coverage for KNBC-TV and KTTV-TV in Los Angeles. In 2014 she was awarded the Roy W. Dean Grant awarded by From the Heart Productions, making her documentary The Weight of Honor possible.
This is a pretty incredible documentary and the inside story about how the film was made is no less inspiring.
The Trauma Therapist Project Resources
- My First Online Course: Inner-Work For The New Trauma Worker.
- Free 7-Day Trial of Trauma Therapist | 2.0, the place for new trauma workers.
- Coaching: One On One With Guy. For new trauma workers starting out on their trauma-informed journey looking for guidance, direction, and confidence.
- Free Ebook From Audible.com
- Support the podcast by becoming a Patron and receive benefits as a thank-you!