Start with our own trauma. Janae Weinhold
Dr. Janae Weinhold has thirty years’ experience as a Licensed Professional Counselor in Colorado. She is Dean and Core Faculty in the Intercultural Open University Foundation’s doctoral program and also co-directs a nonprofit institute and the Colorado Professional Development Center.
She is currently providing Trauma-Informed Care training for mental health professionals and clinical supervision. Since 1994 she has been offering mental health training, supervision and consultation services through a sister NGO in Kiev, Ukraine.
Janae is the author or co-author of a dozen books on developmental trauma, conflict resolution, codependency, counter-dependency, and psychopathology.
Her newest book, LOVEvolution: A Bioresonance Model for Healing Developmental Trauma, presents her heart-based approach for healing developmental trauma caused by disorganized caregiving and Disorganized Attachment.
Everything that’s happened to me is something that I’m supposed to make meaning out of.
What Led to the Specialization of Trauma?
Janae’s path to working in the field of trauma began with her early youth. She was surrounded by many individuals at a very young age who, as she describes it, were not very healthy and who had a very serious impact on her upbringing.
A Crucial Early Mistake
Janae talks about how her need to be a perfect clinician interfered with her ability to be authentic and then to truly connect with her clients.
I’m wired to do things that are meaningful. And this work is meaningful.
- Start with our own trauma.
Janae’s Go-To Books
- Oneness and Separateness: From Infant to Individual, Louise Kaplan
- Healing the Split: Integrating Spirit Into Our Understanding of the Mentally Ill (Suny Series, Philosophy of Psychology), M.D. John E. Nelson, Michael Washburn
The Trauma Therapist Project Resources
- My First Online Course: Inner-Work For The New Trauma Worker.
- 7-Day, $1 Trial of Trauma Therapist | 2.0, the place for new trauma workers.
- Coaching: One On One With Guy. For new trauma workers starting out on their trauma-informed journey looking for guidance, direction, and confidence.
- Free Ebook From Audible.com