Staci K. Haines is the developer of generative somatics and the Somatics and Trauma courses. Her work emerges from the Somatics tradition of Richard Strozzi Hecklerintegrating Polarity Therapy, Gestalt, Vipassana meditation and Aikido.
She is a senior teacher in the field of Somatics and leads courses in Somatics and Leadership, Somatics and Trauma, and Somatics and Social Justice.
In addition she is the founder of generationFIVE, a social justice organization whose mission is to end the sexual abuse of children, and the author of Healing Sex: A Mind Body Approach to Healing Sexual Trauma.
We become what we practice.
What Led to the Specialization of Trauma?
Staci shares the story of when she was a young girl growing up and witnessing domestic violence and feeling strongly that There has to be another way. As she became older this feeling evolved into the desire to Decrease suffering in the world.
A Crucial Early Mistake
Staci relates the story of how as a young clinician she took on a very complex client who happened to be beyond her competence as a therapist. As a result, Staci explains, I moved her into the core wounding and the core trauma faster than I should have.
It’s fundamentally feels like my calling. It’s what I’m built for, to make the biggest contribution I can.
- Get exposed to holistic approaches, ie somatics.
- Learn the neuroscience of trauma
- Get fascinated about practices that help re-set the psychobiology, eg Aikido, Tai-Chi, and meditation
Stacy’s go-to books
- The Art of Somatic Coaching: Embodying Skillful Action, Wisdom, and Compassion, Richard Strozzi-Heckler
- Healing Sex: A Mind Body Approach to Healing Sexual Trauma, Staci Haines
- Generative Somatics
- Staci’s courses in Generative Somatics
- Staci on Facebook
- Article: Notes on Trauma and Community, by Kai Erikson