Sebern Fisher, MA, LMH, BCN
Sebern Fisher has integrated Neurofeedback and psychotherapy in her treatment of developmental trauma in adults and adolescents for the past 17 years.
Prior to adopting Neurofeedback, Sebern was the clinical director of a residential treatment program for severely disturbed adolescents for fifteen years. While there she introduced the understanding of the impact of attachment rupture and was the first to implement DBT in a residential setting.
In April, she published Neurofeedback in the Treatment of Developmental Trauma: Calming the Fear-Driven Brain, with W.W. Norton.
Sebern consults and trains on the integration of Neurofeedback and therapy, nationally and internationally.
We fall back into the past, we jump ahead into the future, and in this we lose our entire lives.
Thich Nhat Hanh
What Led to the Specialization of Trauma?
Sebern shares how her own history of trauma and experience in psychotherapy led to her entre into the field of neurofeedback and trauma.
A Crucial Early Mistake
Sebern talks about how early on in her career, when she was focusing on talk therapy, she sometimes pushed individuals with Dissociative Identity Disorder to talk about their trauma; something she would not do now.
Because I am able to help people regulate their affect and quiet their fear.
- Learn about the brain; understand that the brain is elastic and that we can optimize that via biofeedback and neuofeedback.
Sebern’s go-to books
- Neurofeedback in the Treatment of Developmental Trauma: Calming the Fear-Driven Brain, Sebern F. Fisher
- Traumatic Stress: The Effects of Overwhelming Experience on Mind, Body, and Society, Bessel A. van der Kolk
- Affect Regulation and the Repair of the Self (Norton Series on Interpersonal Neurobiology), Allan N. Schore
The Trauma Therapist Project Resources
- My First Online Course: Inner-Work For The New Trauma Worker.
- 7-Day, $1 Trial of Trauma Therapist | 2.0, the place for new trauma workers.
- Coaching: One On One With Guy. For new trauma workers starting out on their trauma-informed journey looking for guidance, direction, and confidence.
- Free Ebook From Audible.com