Sarah Plummer Taylor
Sarah Plummer Taylor, MSW, is a social worker, health coach, and yoga instructor. She is also the author of Just Roll With It: 7 Battle Tested Truths for Building a Resilient Life, and currently sits on the Advisory Board for the University of California San Francisco’s, Next Mission’s Program for Stress, Resiliency, and Post-Traumatic Growth, as well as the Military Advisory Committee for Service Women’s Action Network.
Her current research focuses on reintegration for veterans and holistic wellness, and she is involved with numerous collaborative research projects in these areas.
Sarah teaches and leads wellness retreats in the US and abroad and runs a private Holistic Health Counseling Practice serving military veterans, professional women, and those seeking to improve all aspects of their health.
There is a crack, a crack in everything, that’s how the light gets in.
Leonard Cohen, (as frequently repeated by my mother)
What drives me is knowing that there is the possibility for happiness, health and purpose after the proverbial shit hits the fan.
- Truly believe–and not just give lip service to–the reality that the client is the expert.
- Avoid the labeling that can happen too frequently and easily.
Sarah’s go-to books
- A Mindful Nation: How a Simple Practice Can Help Us Reduce Stress, Improve Performance, and Recapture the American Spirit, Tim Ryan
- Brave, Strong and True: The Modern Warrior’s Battle For Balance, Kate Hendricks Thomas
The Trauma Therapist Project Resources
- My First Online Course: Inner-Work For The New Trauma Worker.
- 7-Day, $1 Trial of Trauma Therapist | 2.0, the place for new trauma workers.
- Coaching: One On One With Guy. For new trauma workers starting out on their trauma-informed journey looking for guidance, direction, and confidence.
- Free Ebook From Audible.com