Sandra L. Brown, MA
Sandra is often referred to as the ‘pioneer’ in the field of pathological love relationships (relationships with partners who have narcissism or psychopathy) and for identifying cognitive dissonance as an aftermath form of existential trauma.
She is the author of 7 books, hundreds of articles on the topic, documentaries, and just completed a research project with Purdue University on the topic.
Sandra provides in-depth training for mental health professionals in The Institute’s Model of Care Approach for Treating the Aftermath of Pathological Love Relationships.
Why do individuals who have pathology seek out individuals for relationship?
What Led to the Specialization of Trauma?
Sandra shares an intimate story about what happened to her father and how that inspired her to do the work she now does.
A Crucial Early Mistake
Sandra talks about how one of her errors actually inspired her to get into this field.
Sandra shares how her why has changed and evolved over the years.
Sandra articulates the importance of recognizing the need for self-care when it comes to doing this work.
Sandra’s go-to books
- Counseling Victims of Violence: A Handbook for Helping Professionals, M.A. Sandra L. Brown
- How to Spot a Dangerous Man Workbook: A Survival Guide for Women, M.A. Sandra L. Brown
- Women Who Love Psychopaths, Sandra L.Brow
United State Association for Body Psychotherapy: A therapist-centered membership association committed to organizing, representing, and shaping the future of psychotherapy. Supported by a rich history in somatic psychology and the healing potential of body/mind integration, body psychotherapists help people to deal with their concerns not only through talking but also by helping them to become deeply aware of their bodily sensations, emotions, images, movements, and behaviours.
The Trauma Therapist Project Resources
- My First Online Course: Inner-Work For The New Trauma Worker.
- 7-Day, $1 Trial of Trauma Therapist | 2.0, the place for new trauma workers.
- Coaching: One On One With Guy. For new trauma workers starting out on their trauma-informed journey looking for guidance, direction, and confidence.
- Free Ebook From Audible.com