Ron Gellis, PhD
Ron Gellis, Ph.D. has been a Clinical and Forensic Sports Psychologist in California for over 30 years and specializes in PTS, TBI, addictive and/or co-occurring disorders. Ron was a Navy Psychologist during the post-Vietnam era during which time he treated and worked with the first wave of Vietnam veterans with PTSD.
Ron has established The Integrated Recovery Foundation, a program designed to assist Veterans and First Responders who have issues with PTS, TBI, addictive and/or co-occurring disorders.
As an athlete, I have played soccer in high school and college. I have run 20 marathons with times ranging from 2:58-4:02 with most times between 3:05-3:20, during my 20’s to 50’s. In that time I ran countless 1/2 marathons, 10 & 5k’s. I have also completed a variety of Olympic and Sprint Triathlons. I have been a scuba instructor for over 20 years with personal passion for underwater photography. At the age of 60, I started CrossFit. I have been CrossFitting for almost 7 years and have qualified for the World CrossFit Games as a Masters athlete 3 times. I am also a level 2 CrossFit Coach.
According to your faith it will be done to you.
What Led to the Specialization of Trauma?
Ron talks about his experience working as a psychologist in the Navy during the Vietnam war. During that time he and his colleagues were treating the first wave of veterans who were suffering from what would later become known as PTSD.
A Crucial Early Mistake
Ron talks about his early experiences of being very psychodynamically focused and working with kids. He shares how at that time he would begin his therapeutic relationships believing he had to conform to a rigid 45-minute session and didn’t appreciate the value of the human relationship.
I’m one of the fortunate people who have found out and identified their purpose, what they were meant to do in life.
- We all need mentors. Become part of a professional group or small support group. That is essential.
Ron’s go-to books
- The Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous, Dr. Bob Smith
- Holy Bible: King James Version, Unknown
- The Purpose Driven Life: What on Earth Am I Here For? ( Expanded Edition), Rick Warren
- The Village of Hope
- The Integrated Recovery Foundation
- The Masters Fitness League
- Phone: 949-533-6075
- Email: [email protected]
The Trauma Therapist Project Resources
- My First Online Course: Inner-Work For The New Trauma Worker.
- 7-Day, $1 Trial of Trauma Therapist | 2.0, the place for new trauma workers.
- Coaching: One On One With Guy. For new trauma workers starting out on their trauma-informed journey looking for guidance, direction, and confidence.
- Free Ebook From Audible.com