Roberto Rodriquez, M.A.
Roberto Rodriquez, M.A., is a Licensed Associate Marriage, a Family Therapist and a Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor and has over ten years of experience in the treatment of substance use disorder.
He has worked in intensive outpatient settings and residential settings, providing transformative experiences for adolescents, men, couples, and families. Rob is highly experienced in facilitating Helping Men Recover groups (providing co-occurring disorder, gender-responsive, trauma-informed services for men).
Rob currently works with the Marc Hertz Consulting firm in Saint Paul, MN. He is the co-author of Exploring Trauma: A Brief Intervention for Men with Dr. Stephanie Covington.
This is the only research-based, brief intervention program related to trauma for men published by Hazelden. Rob is currently engaged as a consultant with the Connecticut Women’s Consortium, and a staunch supporter of the curriculum, Exploring Trauma: A Brief Intervention for Men.
Don’t just solve the problem, unwrap the gift that comes with it.
What Led to the Specialization of Addiction and Trauma?
From street kid in the Bronx to survivor, to warrior, to healer, Rob shares his pretty incredible and inspiring journey.
A Crucial Early Mistake
Early on in his career, Rob had an interaction with a particular client who offered him some honest feedback about the way he was addressing men’s and women’s issues that shifted the way he worked.
When I meet men for the first time, I want to make sure that I’m setting a different, a healthy, experience for them.
- Do your own work!
- Be willing to explore your own reactions you might be having to your client.
Rob’s Go-To Books
- The Zen of Helping: Spiritual Principles for Mindful and Open-Hearted Practice, by Andrew Bein
- Men’s Work: How to Stop the Violence That Tears Our Lives Apart, by Paul Kivel
- Rob on LinkedIn
- [email protected]
The Trauma Therapist Project Resources
- My First Online Course: Inner-Work For The New Trauma Worker.
- 7-Day, $1 Trial of Trauma Therapist | 2.0, the place for new trauma workers.
- Coaching: One On One With Guy. For new trauma workers starting out on their trauma-informed journey looking for guidance, direction, and confidence.
- Free Ebook From Audible.com