Robert Weiss LCSW, CSAT-S
Robert Weiss PhD, LCSW is Chief Clinical Officer of Seeking Integrity LLC, a unified group of online and real-world communities helping people to heal from intimacy disorders like compulsive sexual behavior and related drug abuse.
As Chief Clinical Officer, Dr. Rob led the development and implementation of Seeking Integrity’s residential treatment programming and serves as an integral part of the treatment team.
He is the author of ten books on sexuality, technology, and intimate relationships, including Sex Addiction 101, Out of the Doghouse, and Prodependence. His Sex, Love, and Addiction Podcast is currently in the Top 10 of US Addiction-Health Podcasts.
Dr. Rob hosts a no-cost weekly Sex and Intimacy Q&A on Seeking Integrity’s self-help website, SexandRelationshipHealing.com (@SexandHealing). The Sex and Relationship Healing website provides free information for addicts, partners of addicts, and therapists dealing with sex addiction, porn addiction, and substance abuse issues.
Dr. Rob can be contacted via Seeking Integrity.com and SexandRelationshipHealing.com. All his writing is available on Amazon, while he can also be found on Twitter (@RobWeissMSW), on LinkedIn (Robert Weiss LCSW), and on Facebook (Rob Weiss MSW).
We will not regret the past, nor wish to shut the door on it.
Taken from the promises of the 12 steps
What Led to the Specialization of Trauma?
Robert shares the open and honest story of how he was brought to the field of addiction and trauma.
A Crucial Early Mistake
Robert talks about one of his early clinical errors which involved being blinded in a sense by a particular client’s story and confession, and losing the sight of why the client had come to therapy in the first place.
Robert shares the personal story and experiences of what drives him day to day.
- Be wary of finding one modality of therapy and believing that that alone is the answer. We don’t have to specialize in all of the different modalities, but we need to be familiar with of it.
- Refer. Refer. Refer. If you don’t know how to do specific work with a particular client, refer that client to someone who does know.
Robert’s go-to books
- A Billion Wicked Thoughts: What the Internet Tells Us About Sexual Relationships, Ogi Ogas
- Always Turned On: Sex Addiction in the Digital Age, Robert Weiss
- Closer Together, Further Apart: The Effect of Technology and the Internet on Parenting, Work, and Relationships, Robert Weiss
- Cruise Control: Understanding Sex Addiction in Gay Men, Robert Weiss