Rebecca Bloom is a Board Certified Art Therapist, Washington State Licensed Mental Health Counselor and a level 2 Sensorimotor Psychotherapy practitioner.
Over the last fifteen years, she has provided counseling, training, and consulting services in Art Therapy for trauma, anxiety, depression and multicultural competency. She is the author of Square the Circle: Art Therapy Workbook and the soon to be published Attachment and Attunement: Art Therapy coloring book.
The eagle and the serpent are at war in me. The serpent fighting for blind desire, the eagle for clarity.
What Led to the Specialization of Trauma?
Rebecca began her career by doing street outreach for people with HIV. This lead to work on the phone with hotlines and it was there that Rebecca realized that the calls with her colleagues usually lasted a few minutes while hers lasted twenty.
A Crucial Early Mistake
Rebecca talks about the time she began working in private practice and how she often found herself doing more work than the clients.
I like seeing where people go. And I’m lucky enough to see a lot of people begin to get the things they want. Watching the change happen is inspiring.
- Get good supervision, and keep checking in with what you’re experiencing.
- Remember the clinical framework that you’re dealing with and use that when you’re at a loss of what to do.
Rebecca’s go-to books
United State Association for Body Psychotherapy: A therapist-centered membership association committed to organizing, representing, and shaping the future of psychotherapy. Supported by a rich history in somatic psychology and the healing potential of body/mind integration, body psychotherapists help people to deal with their concerns not only through talking but also by helping them to become deeply aware of their bodily sensations, emotions, images, movements, and behaviours.
The Trauma Therapist Project Resources
- My First Online Course: Inner-Work For The New Trauma Worker.
- 7-Day, $1 Trial of Trauma Therapist | 2.0, the place for new trauma workers.
- Coaching: One On One With Guy. For new trauma workers starting out on their trauma-informed journey looking for guidance, direction, and confidence.
- Free Ebook From Audible.com