Psychodrama & Family Constellation. Karen Carnabucci
Karen Carnabucci, MSS, LCSW, TEP, is a licensed clinical social worker and board-certified trainer, educator and practitioner of psychodrama, sociometry and group psychotherapy and certified as a facilitator of Family and Systemic Constellations.
She has trained with Zerka Moreno, J.L Moreno’s widow and collaborator in psychodrama, and Heinz Stark, a leading trainer in Systemic Constellation Work.
A frequent presenter at the annual conference of the American Society of Group Psychotherapy and Psychodrama and other major U.S. conferences, Karen practices and teaches about psychodrama, Family and Systemic Constellations and other experiential therapies.
She is based in Lancaster, Pa., and offers supervision and training in psychodrama and sociometry, personal growth groups and other personal growth events, and a limited number of psychotherapy sessions.
She is the author of:
- Show and Tell Psychodrama: Skills for Therapists, Coaches, Teachers, Leaders.
She is the co-author of:
- Integrating Psychodrama and Systemic Constellations Work: New Directions for Action Methods, Mind-Body Therapies and Energy Healing with Ronald Anderson.
- Healing Eating Disorders with Psychodrama and Other Action Methods: Beyond the Silence and the Fury with Linda Ciotola.
To keep updated on her events, training programs and receive other news of interest about experiential psychotherapies, subscribe to her e-mail newsletter for professionals at www.realtruekaren.com. You may also visit the “calendar” and “training” pages of www.realtruekaren.com for more information.
The experience makes the difference.
What Led to the Specialization of Trauma?
Karen began as a journalist and was working in a story about experiential therapy. That experience inspired her not only to seek out her own therapy in using that modality, but to later study and then teach.
A Crucial Early Mistake
Karen shares an early story of when she thought that everything had to be big, and large and amazing,
Like many others, I want to contribute to the world around me. Out of my own experiences, I’m someone whose life has been changed by experiential therapies and I want to give hope to others, that people like me, real people, can change their lives and lead a very different life than the one they’ve known.
- Learn everything you can!
- Go slow like a turtle (with your clients)
- Training and supervision are always important.
- Always consider the client’s ancestral picture.
Karen’s Go-To Books
- Karen’s books
- Integrating Psychodrama and Systemic Constellation Work: New Directions for Action Methods, Mind-Body Therapies and Energy Healing, Ronald Anderson, Karen Carnabucci