Psychedelics & Trauma Healing. Jane Latimer
Today, a somewhat controversial, and yet very relevant topic with Jane Latimer: Psychedelics and the treatment of trauma.
Jane Latimer has more than 30 years of experience working with trauma, eating disorder and addiction recovery, as well as nature and expressive arts healing.
First though, a huge thank-you to my sponsors who help me keep this thing going!
CPTSD Foundation provides peer-led, daily, interactive group calls, in a safe atmosphere for survivors of complex trauma, equipping them with skills and information they can use every single day in their healing journey.
Receive 50% off the first month when you join at: http://bit.ly/2MEbBqc
This episode is also sponsored by Somatic Experiencing® Trauma Institute (SETI)
Check out Somatic Experiencing® Trauma Institute (SETI) right here: https://traumahealing.org/kser
And thank-you to PESI
The latest research from neuroscience and psychotherapy has shown we can rewire the brain to facilitate trauma recovery.
Check out Jennifer Sweeton’s new book, The Trauma Treatment Toolbox, through PESI and save $10 plus free shipping with code JS10.
Go to https://www.pesi.com/toolbox.
Jane Latimer is the author of two books on eating disorder recovery, and the founder of the first spiritually-informed online recovery program, Bodyway.
Through the years working with clients suffering with CPTSD and related addictions, Jane has discovered the power of psychedelics for getting to places that are otherwise impossible to access.
As she witnesses the power of psychedelics to help individuals heal from crippling CPTSD, she has become an advocate and activist on behalf of psychedelic psychotherapy.
Despite the fact that this podcast addresses the use of psychedelic substances, we (Guy Macpherson and Jane Latimer) are not condoning or promoting the illegal use of psychedelics. Please be aware that many of these substances are still illegal throughout the world despite reported benefits and scientific research. This podcast is for educational and harm reduction purposes only. We do not take any responsibility over your actions based on the information presented.
To start your research on the legal status of particular substances, go to:
Something larger than my life, my soul, is down on its knees with admiration, saluting my journey. My soul is washing my feet as an expression of the courage it takes to be human, to be born and to forget that oneness and then to struggle back toward it. –Jane’s former client
In This Episode
- Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies. MAPS
- Holotropic Breathwork
- Jane presenting at the California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS)
Jane’s Book Recommendations
- Complex PTSD: From Surviving to Thriving: A Guide and Map for Recovering from Childhood Trauma, Pete Walker
- How to Change Your Mind: What the New Science of Psychedelics Teaches Us About Consciousness, Dying, Addiction, Depression, and Transcendence, Michael Pollan
- Self-Therapy: A Step-By-Step Guide to Creating Wholeness and Healing Your Inner Child Using IFS, A New, Cutting-Edge Psychotherapy, 2nd Edition, Jay Earley
- Waking the Tiger: Healing Trauma, Peter Levine
- Therapy with Substance: Psycholytic psychotherapy in the twenty first century, Dr Friederike Meckel Fisher