Peter M. Bernstein, PhD
Peter M. Bernstein is back.
Peter was first on the podcast in episode 91 and if you’ve listened to that interview then you know how much compassion and authenticity exudes from this individual.
I have to say that Peter’s interview truly epitomized what I’m trying to do, and stand for here at The Trauma Therapist Project:
Authenticity, integrity, and compassion in the pursuit of helping those who’ve been impacted by trauma.
Peter M. Bernstein is the founder and director of the Bernstein Institute for Trauma in Petaluma, CA. Peter holds a doctorate in clinical psychology as a California licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and has been in private practice since 1974.
Dr. Bernstein specializes in the field of emotional and physical trauma and is the author of Trauma: Healing the Hidden Epidemic. A veteran of the Vietnam War era, Peter completed advanced infantry training at Fort Ord on the Monterey Peninsula.
The Bernstein Institute offers individual, couples, and group therapy and uses Reichian-Myofascial Release Therapy (RMFR), a unique and proprietary modality developed by Dr. Bernstein for healing trauma, PTS, and other behavioral health issues.
In This Episode
In this episode Peter and I talk about the stigma of mental health care surrounding trauma treatment, especially surrounding the specific populations of the military’s Marines, Rangers, and Navy SEALs.
Peter also talks about the research he and his team have been doing on the subject of resilience.
- Peter’s website: The Bernstein Institute
- Peter’s new book: Trauma: Healing The Hidden Epidemic
- Supernormal: The Untold Story of Adversity and Resilience, Meg Jay
- Waking The Tiger, Peter Levine
- The Bible
- Peter on Facebook
The Trauma Therapist Project Resources
- My First Online Course: Inner-Work For The New Trauma Worker.
- 7-Day, $1 Trial of Trauma Therapist | 2.0, the place for new trauma workers.
- Coaching: One On One With Guy. For new trauma workers starting out on their trauma-informed journey looking for guidance, direction, and confidence.
- Free Ebook From Audible.com