Occupational Therapy & Trauma Treatment. Teri Barney
Teri Barney is an occupational therapist, OTR/L who finds fulfillment in helping children, teens and adults achieve good physical and mental health through meaningful functional activities, sensory integration, and psychosocial interventions.
As an occupational therapist and adoptive parent of two boys from Eastern Europe, Teri has a special interest in addressing attachment and complex trauma through activity and relationship based interventions that promote competence, self-regulation, and confidence.
She recently completed an intensive 80-hour post-graduate program at ATTACh, an international coalition of professionals and families dedicated to helping those with attachment difficulties.
Teri has over 20 years of experience as an occupational therapist in a variety of adult and pediatric settings. She currently works in a therapeutic day school setting. Teri also is in the process of starting a private pediatric occupational therapy practice with a subspecialty in trauma and attachment. She is passionate about the role of occupational therapy in trauma-informed care.
In This Episode
- Help for Billy: A Beyond Consequences Approach to Helping Challenging Children in the Classroom, Heather T. Forbes
- Interoception: The Eighth Sensory System, Kelly J. Mahler(Author), PhD A.D. “Bud” Craig
- Storyworthy: Engage, Teach, Persuade, and Change Your Life through the Power of Storytelling, Matthew Dicks
- Terry’s email: [email protected]
- Terry on Facebook: Emotions in Motion, LLC
- Trauma Informed Occupational Therapists