Monica O’Connell, MA, LMFT, LADC
Monica O’Connell MA LMFT LADC is located in Minneapolis and provides national training on the intersections of trauma, addiction and mental health. She works with the nation’s only LGBTQ exclusive dual diagnosis treatment center where she offers supervision and trauma therapy.
Monica has a thriving private practice supporting clients and providing consultation and supervision. Her dog Louie is a certified therapy dog and visits the treatment center frequently.
The Quote [1:49]
There are only two days in the year that nothing can be done. One is called Yesterday and the other is called Tomorrow. Today is the right day to Love, Believe, Do and mostly Live.
Dalai Lama XIV
What Led to the Specialization of Trauma? [7:14]
A Crucial Early Mistake [11:56]
Monica’s Why [18:02]
Monica’s advice [21:06]
Monica’s go-to book
The Trauma Therapist Project Resources
- My First Online Course: Inner-Work For The New Trauma Worker.
- Free 7-Day Trial of Trauma Therapist | 2.0, the place for new trauma workers.
- Coaching: One On One With Guy. For new trauma workers starting out on their trauma-informed journey looking for guidance, direction, and confidence.
- Free Ebook From Audible.com
- Support the podcast by becoming a Patron and receive benefits as a thank-you!