Michele Rosenthal, CPC, NLP, CHt
Michele Rosenthal is an award-winning PTSD blogger, bestselling and award-nominated author, founder of HealMyPTSD.com, and a former faculty member of the Clinical Development Institute for Timberline Knolls Residential Treatment Center.
Host of the radio program, Changing Direction, Michele is also a trauma survivor who struggled with posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) for over twenty-five years before launching a successful “healing rampage.” She has been 100% free of PTSD symptoms for several years. Michele’s most recent book is Your Life After Trauma: Powerful Practices to Reclaim Your Identity (W. W. Norton).
Courage is a choice, make it.
Ilene Rosenthal, Michele’s mother
What Led to the Specialization of Trauma?
At the age of 13 Michele found herself struggling to survive Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis Syndrome (TENS), a freak allergy to a medication that turned her into a full-body burn victim almost overnight. When she got out of the hospital, she knew she was going to have a full physical recovery, but wasn’t sure if she’d make a full mental recovery. What ensued were years of struggle, questioning, doubt and PTSD. Michel goes on to talk about how those years provided her with the courage and inspiration to help others avoid experiencing what she had to go through.
A Crucial Early Mistake
Michele talks about the importance of trusting oneself as a therapist. When Michele began working she’d often attend and speak at conferences. On a few occasions she encountered individuals who questioned the validity of the work she was doing, which in turn made Michele not only question, but stop trusting, herself.
I lost over 25 years of my life to a mental illness that is completely treatable. And that is just so sad. I can’t get that back, but I can change that for other people.
- Identify your why for this work, because that will help you find your focus.
Michele’s go-to books
- Your Life After Trauma: Powerful Practices to Reclaim Your Identity, Michele Rosenthal
- Before the World Intruded: Conquering the Past and Creating the Future, A Memoir, Michele Rosenthal
- The Brain That Changes Itself: Stories of Personal Triumph from the Frontiers of Brain Science, Norman Doidge
- Trauma and Recovery: The Aftermath of Violence–from Domestic Abuse to Political Terror, Judith Herman
The Trauma Therapist Project Resources
- My First Online Course: Inner-Work For The New Trauma Worker.
- 7-Day, $1 Trial of Trauma Therapist | 2.0, the place for new trauma workers.
- Coaching: One On One With Guy. For new trauma workers starting out on their trauma-informed journey looking for guidance, direction, and confidence.
- Free Ebook From Audible.com