Mentoring New Trauma Therapists. Nancy Morgan.
Dr. Nancy Morgan returns, and I couldn’t be more excited about having her back. Dr. Morgan was a guest on episode 205. Ever since that time, I’ve wanted to have you back. Dr. Morgan epitomizes the elements of this work which I consider to be those close to my heart–compassion, authenticity, and education.
Dr. Nancy Morgan specializes both in working with adults with severe mental health challenges whose traumatic histories influence and inform their thoughts and behaviors and in providing Trauma-Focused training and supervision to future therapists.
Her primary work has been in Partial Hospitalization Program settings, Secure Residential Treatment Facilities, and Intensive Outpatient Programs, where she’s served as a clinician, manager, or most often as program clinical supervisor.
Currently, Dr. Morgan works as the Director of Behavioral Health at LifeMoves, Northern California’s largest agency dedicated to breaking the cycle of homelessness where she has developed a Trauma-Focused Mindfulness-Based training curriculum whereby she provides didactics, supervises, and mentors graduate psychology students.
- Learn everything you can from your program.
- Be curious about your own emotions,
- We are the tool for this work.
Nancy’s Go-To Books
- Anatomy of an Epidemic: Magic Bullets, Psychiatric Drugs, and the Astonishing Rise of Mental Illness in America, Robert Whitaker
The Trauma Therapist Project Resources
- My First Online Course: Inner-Work For The New Trauma Worker.
- 7-Day, $1 Trial of Trauma Therapist | 2.0, the place for new trauma workers.
- Coaching: One On One With Guy. For new trauma workers starting out on their trauma-informed journey looking for guidance, direction, and confidence.
- Free Ebook From Audible.com