Mary Sise, LCSW, DCEP
Mary Sise, LCSW, DCEP, is an international speaker, teacher, counselor, and author known for her pioneering work in the field of energy psychology relating to the treatment of trauma, and her work in exploring the spiritual dimension of the soul and its integral relationship to authentic healing. Her warm, witty, and authentic approach makes her a frequently sought after speaker.
For over two decades, Mary has been at the forefront of developing, testing and teaching alternative treatment methods for trauma patients. She has trained hundreds of psychological clinicians in Energy Psychology methods, developed course work and taught for the National Institute for the Clinical Application of Behavioral Medicine (NICABM).
Mary is a consultant for the Association for Comprehensive Energy Psychology (ACEP) certification program. She actively supervises clinicians providing support, additional instruction, and guidance to those using her methods with their clients.
There’s nothing wrong with you, it’s what happened to you
What Led to the Specialization of Trauma?
Mary talks about growing up in the 50’s, surrounded by trauma, and being drawn to the people who were affected. In addition, she shares how she was inspired by the “newer” treatments that were coming out, including EMDR and Energy Psychology methods.
A Crucial Early Mistake
Mary shares with us a general example of how early on in her career she made the mistake(s) of allowing individuals to talk about their trauma without first preparing them for the processing of their trauma. Next, Mary gets specific and tells us about an experience she had while utilizing Thought Field Therapy (TFT) with a colleague’s client, relying on that colleague’s intake information without first doing her own full intake, and how this led to the client being retriggered.
- “Because it works! Because we are able to help people get their lives back,” and “We work on the issue of where was God during the trauma event?”
- “Trauma is treatable and don’t give up hope.”
- Whatever technique you’re going to use, make sure you’ve done it on yourself so that you embody the technique.”
- “Recognize that you will be triggered, as well.”
Mary’s 2 go-to books
- Traumatic Stress: The Effects of Overwhelming Experience on Mind, Body, and Society, Bessel A. van der Kolk, Alexander C. McFarlane, Lars Weisaeth
- Invisible Heroes: Survivors of Trauma and How They Heal, Belleruth Naparstek
- Mary’s website
- The Energy of Belief: Psychology’s Power Tools to Focus Intention and Release Blocking Beliefs, Sheila Bender and Mary Sise
- Mary’s Signature Programs
- Sai Maa