Love And Its Absence In Trauma. Laurie Kahn.
Laurie Kahn MA, LCPC, MFA is a pioneer in the field of trauma treatment. For more than thirty years, she has specialized in the treatment of survivors of childhood abuse.
In 1980, she founded Womencare Counseling and Training Center. Since then, her ideas and expertise have served people who have experienced childhood abuse, as well as hundreds of clinicians who have graduated from her Trauma Consultation Training Program.
Psych Central, reviewing her recent book Baffled by Love: Stories of the Lasting Impact of Childhood Trauma by Loved Ones, says it is “filled with touching stories, poignant moments, and brilliant therapeutic insights; Baffled by Love should be required reading for any clinician – new or seasoned.”
Bessel van der Kolk called her book, “A sensitive and wise book. Baffeled by love is about the healing power of sharing, exploring and finding words for oneself… a deeply comforting book.”
The most terrible poverty is the feeling of loneliness and feeling unloved.
In This Episode
- Baffled by Love: Stories of the Lasting Impact of Childhood Trauma by Loved Ones, Laurie Kahn
- Laurie’s email: [email protected]
- Laurie’s website
- Womencare Counseling and Training Center
- Countertransference and the Treatment of Trauma, Constance J. Dalenberg
The Trauma Therapist Project Resources
- My First Online Course: Inner-Work For The New Trauma Worker.
- 7-Day, $1 Trial of Trauma Therapist | 2.0, the place for new trauma workers.
- Coaching: One On One With Guy. For new trauma workers starting out on their trauma-informed journey looking for guidance, direction, and confidence.
- Free Ebook From Audible.com