Loosening The Shackles of Shame. Athena Moberg
I’m very excited this week to be joined by Athena Moberg.
Athena is an author, speaker, and advocate working in the field of C-PTSD/ Complex Trauma Recovery.
She is also a force, and she’s on a mission.
With a deep passion for helping those who have been impacted by trauma, she inspires her community into a deeper level of faith while encouraging them to love and accept themselves just as they are.
Athena and her staff of dedicated volunteers reach thousands of survivors weekly in over 180 countries through Athena’s YouTube and Roku TV channel.
Her life’s work is CPTSDfoundation.org, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to providing trauma-informed education and resources to both helping professionals and mental health consumers who are living with the devastating after-effects of complex trauma.
The foundation provides adjunctive care; trauma-informed peer support–daily calls where people from all over the world call in to share, heal, learn and support one another.
CPTSD Foundation is proud to work in tandem with practitioners and treatment centers, offering daily touchpoints to anyone currently in trauma therapy or who just want a safe place to come and feel heard and validated between appointments.
Athena resides in Maui, Hawaii with her husband of seven years. Her son is a Marine Corps Veteran studying Neuroscience with the goal of becoming a Forensic Pathologist. Her daughter-in-law is a Second Lieutenant in the Army while attending Veterinary School.
With 3 published books, Athena speaks publicly every week and firmly believes compassion is a priceless gift we can all give.
Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Hebrew chap 11 vs 1
In This Episode
- CPTSD Foundaton
- Trauma Recovery University
- The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma, Bessel van der Kolk M.D.
- Trauma and Recovery: The Aftermath of Violence–From Domestic Abuse to Political Terror, Judith L. Herman
- Complex PTSD: From Surviving to Thriving: A GUIDE AND MAP FOR RECOVERING FROM CHILDHOOD TRAUMA, Pete Walker
The Trauma Therapist Project Resources
- My First Online Course: Inner-Work For The New Trauma Worker.
- 7-Day, $1 Trial of Trauma Therapist | 2.0, the place for new trauma workers.
- Coaching: One On One With Guy. For new trauma workers starting out on their trauma-informed journey looking for guidance, direction, and confidence.
- Free Ebook From Audible.com