Looking With The Heart. Lorna Gallant
Through her many years working with people who have experienced complex trauma, Lorna remains passionate in her belief of people’s ability to heal.
She has worked for over 35 years with non-profit groups striving to end violence against women and children and believes that all trauma survivors have the right to healthy, productive and meaningful lives.
Lorna is a strong advocate for access to high-quality education and in-training service to assist providers in accompanying their clients on the client-defined pathway to healing.
Trauma refers to experiences or events that by definition are out of the ordinary in terms of their overwhelming nature. They are more than merely stressful – they are also shocking, terrifying, and devastating to the victim, resulting in profoundly upsetting feelings of terror, shame, helplessness, and powerlessness.
In This Episode
- Lorna’s website: Trauma Training Seminars
- Lorna’s conference schedule
- Conspiracy of Silence: The Trauma of Incest, Sandra Butler
- Principles of Trauma Therapy: A Guide to Symptoms, Evaluation, and Treatment ( DSM-5 Update), John N. Briere, Catherine Scott
- International Society for the Study of Trauma And Dissociation