Lisa Dale Miller, LMFT
Lisa Dale Miller, LMFT, LPCC, SEP is a private practice psychotherapist in Los Gatos, CA. She specializes in mindfulness psychotherapy and Somatic Experiencing therapy for the treatment of depression, anxiety, addiction, trauma, emotion dysregulation, chronic pain, and relationship distress. Lisa is the author the highly regarded textbook on Buddhist psychology for mental health clinicians, Effortless Mindfulness: Genuine mental health through awakened presence. Lisa also presents at conferences on the clinical applications of mindfulness and Buddhist psychology. She has been a yogic and Buddhist meditation practitioner for over four decades.
For more information on Effortless Mindfulness visit: www.awakenedpresence.com
I want to share the concept of integration and flexibility.
What Led to the Specialization of Trauma?
Lisa shares an amazing story about her journey from art and drumming to working in the trauma field.
A Crucial Early Mistake
The biggest mistakes I’ve made, I’ve made early on in my career when I was working with war veterans, in not learning their language.
My life has always been about service. What else is there?
- Please, please, get educated in some kind of somatic modality.
- If you’re not a licensed clinician yet, please get educated.
- Then, get your somatic training
Lisa’s go-to books
- Trauma and Memory: Brain and Body in a Search for the Living Past: A Practical Guide for Understanding and Working with Traumatic Memory, Peter A. Levine Ph.D.
- Brain Maker: The Power of Gut Microbes to Heal and Protect Your Brain for Life, David Perlmutter
- Effortless Mindfulness: Genuine Mental Health Through Awakened Presence, Lisa Dale Miller
The Trauma Therapist Project Resources
- My First Online Course: Inner-Work For The New Trauma Worker.
- Free 7-Day Trial of Trauma Therapist | 2.0, the place for new trauma workers.
- Coaching: One On One With Guy. For new trauma workers starting out on their trauma-informed journey looking for guidance, direction, and confidence.
- Free Ebook From Audible.com
- Support the podcast by becoming a Patron and receive benefits as a thank-you!