Linda Gantt, PhD
Linda Gantt has a Master of Arts in Art Therapy and a doctorate in Interdisciplinary Studies.
She is the owner and executive director of Intensive Trauma Therapy in Morgantown, West Virginia, an outpatient clinic for trauma-related disorders where art therapy is the primary means of treatment.
Linda is also the co-developer along with Carmello Tabone of the Formal Elements Art Therapy Scale, an instrument designed for measuring diagnostic information in drawings.
Finish the story
What Led to the Specialization of Trauma?
Linda has been a therapist for 40 years. She shares an incredible story about when she first started as a therapist and how her initial interest in psychosis shifted into her passion for trauma.
A Crucial Early Mistake
The mistakes we made were not paying enough attention to what our clients were trying to tell us without having the words to do so.
Because these are where the most exciting developments in mental health are. And something can be done to help people!
- Go get Bessel van der Kolk’s new book, The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma.
- Get specialized trauma training.
- Get into a study group and/or peer supervision.
Linda’s go-to books
- Psychological Trauma, Bessel A. van der Kolk
- The Body Bears the Burden: Trauma, Dissociation, and Disease, Robert Scaer
The Trauma Therapist Project Resources
- My First Online Course: Inner-Work For The New Trauma Worker.
- 7-Day, $1 Trial of Trauma Therapist | 2.0, the place for new trauma workers.
- Coaching: One On One With Guy. For new trauma workers starting out on their trauma-informed journey looking for guidance, direction, and confidence.
- Free Ebook From Audible.com