From Law School to Social Worker. The Trauma Therapist | 2.0 experience with Naixiang Hui
A Trauma Therapist | 2.0 case-study: Naixiang Hui
Over the course of the last few months I’ve been inviting some of the individuals from my membership community Trauma Therapist | 2.0 on the podcast to share their experiences and their journey, and how they’ve been utilizing the membership and the community of Trauma Therapist | 2.0.
The result has been pretty amazing and inspiring. These trauma workers–from all disciplines–have that common denominator of being passionate about helping individuals who’ve been impacted by trauma. Highlighting people like this, and the incredible work they do, and then learning about their journey, their challenges and wins, is exactly why I began The Trauma Therapist | Podcast, and to support new trauma workers is precisely why I started Trauma Therapist | 2.0.
Meet Naixiang (pronounced nice-young).
Naixiang is currently a trainee counselling psychologist. After completing law school, his interests with working with people in need, made him decide to switch career paths to social work and counselling.
Naixiang has worked in a residential drug and alcohol rehabilitation centre, with prison inmates, as well as in community clinics in both Singapore and the UK. Naixiang is about to complete his postgraduate diploma in counselling psychology and has plans to pursue graduate training in social work.
- The important thing to instill in yourself is the importance of working on yourself all the time. Work on being healthy and on being an example to the people you’re going to treat.
- University of Roehampton Art & Play Therapy Courses
- University of Roehampton Art & Play Therapy Summer School
The Trauma Therapist Project Resources
- My First Online Course: Inner-Work For The New Trauma Worker.
- 7-Day, $1 Trial of Trauma Therapist | 2.0, the place for new trauma workers.
- Coaching: One On One With Guy. For new trauma workers starting out on their trauma-informed journey looking for guidance, direction, and confidence.
- Free Ebook From Audible.com