Kimberly Ann Johnson is a Certified Sexological Bodyworker and near-certified Somatic Experiencing practitioner. A lifelong yoga student and teacher, she leads workshops throughout Thailand, Malaysia, Brazil, Portugal and the US on the intersection of women’s sexuality and spirituality. After living in Brazil for eight years, she now resides in San Diego, CA, where she has a thriving private practice, specializing in birth injury, birth trauma, and sexual healing.
Kimberly shares a pretty amazing poem by Mary Oliver.
What Led to the Specialization of Trauma?
Kimberly talks about her journey from Brazil to holistic healer.
A Crucial Early Mistake
Kimberly talks about an embarrassing experience she had as a neophyte sexological bodyworker.
Kimberly shares her excitement about being a part of this frontier-expanding work.
Kimberly’s go-to books
- Narrative Medicine: The Use of History and Story in the Healing Process, Lewis Mehl-Madrona
United State Association for Body Psychotherapy: A therapist-centered membership association committed to organizing, representing, and shaping the future of psychotherapy. Supported by a rich history in somatic psychology and the healing potential of body/mind integration, body psychotherapists help people to deal with their concerns not only through talking but also by helping them to become deeply aware of their bodily sensations, emotions, images, movements, and behaviours.
The Trauma Therapist Project Resources
- My First Online Course: Inner-Work For The New Trauma Worker.
- 7-Day, $1 Trial of Trauma Therapist | 2.0, the place for new trauma workers.
- Coaching: One On One With Guy. For new trauma workers starting out on their trauma-informed journey looking for guidance, direction, and confidence.
- Free Ebook From Audible.com