Kimberly Campbell is the Executive Director of Exhale to Inhale, founded by Zoe Le Page, which brings yoga to survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault in New York City, the Hudson Valley, Long Island and Connecticut through weekly classes at shelters and community-based organizations. By providing access to the practice of yoga to survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault, Exhale to Inhale offers a valuable resource to a distressed community.
Kimberly is an entrepreneur, writer, speaker, and wellness expert who has held a number of key positions in business, philanthropy, and health and human services development within a broad range of industries.
She was also the creator and spokesperson of a corporate domestic violence initiative focused on raising public awareness and assisting employees dealing with domestic violence in the workplace. Through her work, she uses yoga, meditation, and other wellness tools to empower people to see that they have a choice in how they react to the external pressures they come up against.
Kimberly is also a health columnist for the Three Tomatoes and author of the Om Healing and Wellness Blog.
Sometimes you have to exhale the stuff that’s holding you back in order to inhale new possibilities.
Zoe Le Page
What Led to the Specialization of Trauma?
Kimberly shares her story of her time working at the YWCA and being incredibly inspired by some of her colleagues who were working to empower young girls.
A Crucial Early Mistake
Organizationally, we are still learning about the best ways to support our teachers. Personally, it’s about being aware of my own errors and knowing that there’s always a what’s next.
This work feeds my heart. It means so much to me when people we work with talk about the changes they’ve made.
Kimberly’s Go-To Books
- Practicing the Power of Now: Essential Teachings, Meditations, and Exercises From The Power of Now, Eckhart Tolle
- Overcoming Trauma through Yoga: Reclaiming Your Body, David Emerson
The Trauma Therapist Project Resources
- My First Online Course: Inner-Work For The New Trauma Worker.
- 7-Day, $1 Trial of Trauma Therapist | 2.0, the place for new trauma workers.
- Coaching: One On One With Guy. For new trauma workers starting out on their trauma-informed journey looking for guidance, direction, and confidence.
- Free Ebook From Audible.com