Kari Gleiser, PhD. Using Emotion To Heal
I think this is one of the most inspiring interviews I’ve done. Again, not because of me, but due to my guest and how she works with clients. In this interview we’ll learn about AEDP (Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy) and the emphasis on being in the moment, and naming the experiences that are happening between the client and therapist. This calls for authenticity from the therapist as well as creativity. And each of these things excite and inspire me! I hope you enjoy this one.
Kari Gleiser is a clinical psychologist in Hanover, NH, specializing in the treatment of complex trauma and dissociative disorders. She is a senior faculty member at the AEDP Institute and co-founder/co-director of the Center for Integrative Health. Keri has developed a relational model that incorporates AEDP into work with dissociative disorders, and dissociative parts of the self, called Intra-relational AEDP.
In This Episode
- AEDP Institute
- Dr. Diana Fosha, the author of the The Transforming Power of Affect
- Center for Integrative Health
- Leaves of Grass: The Original 1855 Edition, Walt Whitman
- Educated: A Memoir: A Memoir, Tara Westover
- Song of Ourselves: Walt Whitman and the Fight for Democracy, Walt Whitman