Joshua Sylvae, PhD. Somatic Experiencing & System Regulation
Joshua Sylvae has been involved in Somatic Experiencing® since 2004. His study of nervous system regulation has incorporated inquiry into many disparate fields including ecology, philosophy, and neurobiology. Joshua holds an MA in clinical psychology (with an emphasis in somatic psychology), a PhD in Higher Learning and Social Change, and is a licensed marriage and family therapist. His clinical practice is grounded in SE™, and he also integrates psychodynamic perspectives, mindfulness approaches, a systemic orientation, and a good deal of humor in his work.
A big thank-you to my sponsor for this episode, Somatic Experiencing Trauma Institute.
Trauma may be a fact of life, but it doesn’t have to be a life sentence. Somatic Experiencing is a psychobiological method of addressing clients’ physical and emotional trauma conditions and helps to give voice to their experiences without a need for them to retell the story. For more information please visit: https://traumahealing.org/kser
Joshua’s background includes participation in social change efforts, movements for social equality and ecological sustainability, and he maintains a passion for encouraging and assisting communities working toward the creation of a just and healthful society.
Joshua envisions Somatic Experiencing becoming an integral part of healing and transforming our world, and feels greatly inspired when helping professionals integrate these simple principles for treating and transforming trauma and distress.
In This Episode
- Joshua’s website
- Joshua’s Workshops & Trainings
- The work of Peter Levine
- Nature and Madness, Paul Shepard
- Somatic Experiencing Trauma Institute
The Trauma Therapist Project Resources
- My First Online Course: Inner-Work For The New Trauma Worker.
- 7-Day, $1 Trial of Trauma Therapist | 2.0, the place for new trauma workers.
- Coaching: One On One With Guy. For new trauma workers starting out on their trauma-informed journey looking for guidance, direction, and confidence.
- Free Ebook From Audible.com