Jane Clapp is a master of mind, body and soul. While it is widely accepted that mindfulness is necessary to shape the body, Jane asserts that the body is one of the most powerful alchemic tools for shaping the mind.
A practitioner in the holistic health industry for two decades, Jane combines holistic personal training, yoga, ELDOA, fascial stretch therapy, tensegrity therapy, and mindfulness interventions with tension and trauma healing to help clients gain strength, mobility and resilience.
As the founder of Urbanfitt, Jane has helped more than 1000 clients improve emotional and nervous system regulation, positively shift neuroplasticity and release somatized stress and trauma. Through her revolutionary coaching sessions and workshops, Jane ensures people not only feel better, but become better.
An experienced and illuminating speaker, widely consulted media expert and internationally recognized author, Jane is available for personal, group and corporate training as well as international speaking engagements.
Don’t ask for a light load, ask for a strong back.
What Led to the Specialization of Trauma?
Jane shares the story of how her ability to sit with other people’s suffering inspired her to begin working in the field.
A Crucial Early Mistake
Jane talks about how she accommodated a client a bit too quickly, and then the dangers of doing that with individuals who’ve been traumatized.
I’m doing this for my daughter. I’m also interested in learning about how social determinants and neurobiology drive our behavior.
- Be willing to question what you thought you knew.
- Read all of Peter Levine’s work, as well as The Body Keeps The Score, by Bessel van der Kolk
- Start questioning our relationship to what we think healthy breathing is.
Jane’s Go-To Books
- When Things Fall Apart: Heart Advice for Difficult Times (Shambhala Classics), Pema Chodron
- The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma, Bessel van der Kolk M.D.
- Gabor Mate
The Trauma Therapist Project Resources
- My First Online Course: Inner-Work For The New Trauma Worker.
- 7-Day, $1 Trial of Trauma Therapist | 2.0, the place for new trauma workers.
- Coaching: One On One With Guy. For new trauma workers starting out on their trauma-informed journey looking for guidance, direction, and confidence.
- Free Ebook From Audible.com