Indigenous Healing Meets EMDR. Toni Rahman, LCSW
Toni Rahman, LCSW is a psychotherapist specializing in trauma and attachment. She is an author, a mother, a sister, a teacher, a traveler, and a lifelong learner. Her passions include Eastern and indigenous healing practices, psychology, spirituality and gender issues, as well as issues of social and economic justice. Toni is passionate about exploring ways to support others in making profound shifts in their life experience. She is a Trauma-Informed Care Practitioner, a Certified EMDR Practitioner trained in CranioSacral Therapy & SomatoEmotional Release, Chinese Five Element Theory, Dream Interpretation, Quantum Touch and Energy Balancing.
Trying to protect people from their emotions or save them from discomfort I become the substance to be used, the object of addiction.
What Led to the Specialization of Trauma?
Toni shares how her early stress and interest in Eastern healing practices, coupled with the effectiveness of EMDR, propelled her interest in working to help heal individuals who’ve been impacted by trauma.
A Crucial Early Mistake
Toni talks about the experience of how her trying to fix a client interfered with the healing process, and the effects this had on herself as a clinician.
I continue to do this work because inevitably I am sent clients who teach me about myself and push me to learn more and to grow. That keeps me alive and I love it.
- Do your own work.
- Know your limits.
- Learn your triggers.
- Keep learning.
- Get mentors.
- Don’t be working in isolation.
- Make time for play and self-care, and balance your life!
Toni’s Go-To Books
- Complex PTSD: From Surviving to Thriving: A GUIDE AND MAP FOR RECOVERING FROM CHILDHOOD TRAUMA, Pete Walker
- The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma, Bessel van der Kolk MD
- Toni’s website
- Being In My Body: What you Might Not Have Known about Trauma, Dissociation and the Brain, Toni Rahman
- [email protected]
The Trauma Therapist Project Resources
- My First Online Course: Inner-Work For The New Trauma Worker.
- 7-Day, $1 Trial of Trauma Therapist | 2.0, the place for new trauma workers.
- Coaching: One On One With Guy. For new trauma workers starting out on their trauma-informed journey looking for guidance, direction, and confidence.
- Free Ebook From Audible.com