Heal The Body. Heal The Mind. Susanne Babbel
Dr. Susanne Babbel is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and the author of the self-help book Heal the Body. Heal the Mind. A Somatic Approach to Moving Beyond Trauma and has been a contributing author on trauma for nearly a decade to the Psychology Today Online Blog.
A giant thank-you to my sponsors:
Praxis aspires to set a new standard in continuing education for mental health professionals. Based on the philosophy that mental health is a key feature of human well-being, Praxis trains clinicians in using proven-effective tools for helping their clients heal by mixing groundbreaking theory with hands-on, experiential learning models.
Praxis provides innovative live and online trainings conducted by leading experts in behavioral therapies including acceptance and commitment therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, EMDR, and more.
Jump-start your learning today and gain new skills to enhance your practice at praxiscet.com.
Take $50 off your first training by entering code LEARN50 at checkout.
Somatic Experiencing® Trauma Institute (SETI)
Trauma may be a fact of life, but it doesn’t have to be a life sentence. Somatic Experiencing is a psychobiological method of addressing clients’ physical and emotional trauma conditions and helps to give voice to their experiences without a need for them to retell the story. For more information please visit: https://traumahealing.org/kser
Dr. Babbel practices with a trauma specialty in her private practice in San Francisco, CA., has been quoted by magazines and newspapers such as USA Today, Cosmopolitan, Verily, Refinery29, New York Times Motherlode Blog, and more.
And the Day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
In This Episode
- Susan’s website
- Heal the Body, Heal the Mind: A Somatic Approach to Moving Beyond Trauma, Susanne Babbel PhD
- In an Unspoken Voice: How the Body Releases Trauma and Restores Goodness
- Focusing, Eugene T. Gendlin
- In an Unspoken Voice: How the Body Releases Trauma and Restores Goodness, Peter Levine
The Trauma Therapist Project Resources
- My First Online Course: Inner-Work For The New Trauma Worker.
- 7-Day, $1 Trial of Trauma Therapist | 2.0, the place for new trauma workers.
- Coaching: One On One With Guy. For new trauma workers starting out on their trauma-informed journey looking for guidance, direction, and confidence.
- Free Ebook From Audible.com