Glenn Schiraldi, PhD
Dr. Glenn Schiraldi is a graduate of West Point, a Vietnam Vet, and served at the Pentagon where he developed a prototype courses in Stress Management for The Department of The Army.
Glenn has served on the stress management faculties at The Pentagon, The International Critical Incident Stress Foundation, and The University of Maryland, where he received the Outstanding Teacher Award.
Glenn is also author of the new book, The Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Sourcebook, Revised and Expanded Second Edition: A Guide to Healing, Recovery, and Growth
You can learn this (psychotherapy) out of a book or from a teacher.
What Led to the Specialization of Trauma?
Glenn talks about growing up in a safe and nurturing household though recognizing from a very early age the dysfunction all around, whether it was as a teacher and recognizing the suffering that students were going through, or witnessing comrades returning from war. These experiences served to inspire him to help others heal from trauma.
A Crucial Early Mistake
Glenn talks about the sense that we as healers need to realize that we don’t have all the answers and that we have to meet our clients and students where they are at.
What’s better than someone saying to you, That book saved my life.
- Learn how trauma works, and learn it well. This will give you the confidence to help individuals heal.
Glenn’s go-to books
- In My Hands: Memories of a Holocaust Rescuer, Irene Gut Opdyke
- Man’s search for meaning, Viktor E. Frankl
- Glenn’s website: Resilience Training International
- The Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Sourcebook, Revised and Expanded Second Edition: A Guide to Healing, Recovery, and Growth, Glenn Schiraldi, PhD
The Trauma Therapist Project Resources
- My First Online Course: Inner-Work For The New Trauma Worker.
- 7-Day, $1 Trial of Trauma Therapist | 2.0, the place for new trauma workers.
- Coaching: One On One With Guy. For new trauma workers starting out on their trauma-informed journey looking for guidance, direction, and confidence.
- Free Ebook From Audible.com