Fredrike Bannink, PhD
Dr. Fredrike Bannink MDR is a clinical psychologist and a Master of Dispute Resolution based in Amsterdam.
She is an internationally recognized CBT, Positive psychology and Solution-Focused presenter and trainer and the author of more than 25 books. She is also a Mental Health Trainer for Doctors without Borders.
I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.
What Led to the Specialization of Trauma?
Having done a lot of CBT work for individuals and groups early in her career, Fredrike began to notice the amount of individuals who were suffering from trauma. She soon began learning about the benefits of Solution-Focused Brief Therapy as well as Positive Psychology with this population and then began incorporating it into her work.
A Crucial Early Mistake
Frederike shares an experience of when she was an early stage therapist. She talks about the difficulty of having her days filled with seeing trauma clients while working from a non solution-focused perspective, and the toll it took on her health and personal life.
I’m an idealist. I have a mission, and I believe therapy can be better, shorter, easier and it can be more fun.
- Reconsider the focus of trauma work which is merely on pathology and consider working from the perspective of: Recovery, Resilience and Enrichment.
Fredrike’s go-to books
- Trauma and Recovery: The Aftermath of Violence–from Domestic Abuse to Political Terror, Judith Herman
- Keys to Solution in Brief Therapy, Steve de Shazer
The Trauma Therapist Project Resources
- My First Online Course: Inner-Work For The New Trauma Worker.
- 7-Day, $1 Trial of Trauma Therapist | 2.0, the place for new trauma workers.
- Coaching: One On One With Guy. For new trauma workers starting out on their trauma-informed journey looking for guidance, direction, and confidence.
- Free Ebook From Audible.com