Anna B. Baranowsky, Ph.D.
Anna B. Baranowsky, Ph.D., C. Psych, is the CEO of the Traumatology Institute(Canada) and is a psychologist who works with trauma survivors. Her guiding principle has been the development of service to meet the needs of trauma survivors, their families, friends and organizations, and professionals seeking personal care and training to advance their knowledge in the field.
Dr. Baranowsky received her doctorate in Clinical Psychology at the University of Ottawa. She is a Green Cross Scholar, Registered Traumatologist and Trainer. She serves on the board of directors of the Academy of Traumatology and is a Board Certified Expert in Traumatic Stress through the American Academy of Experts in Traumatic Stress and is recognized by The National Center for Crisis Management.
We are all woven with a mechanism to recover.
What Led to the Specialization of Trauma?
Anna shares the story of how when she was a very young girl she was aware of the fact that her father had experienced trauma and yet never received the care he needed, and how this knowledge influenced her to journey into the trauma field.
A Crucial Early Mistake
Anna shares an early story about working with a client who would enter the session in a state of panic wanting to talk his trauma, and thereby re-traumatize himself, and the knowledge now of what she would have done differently.
I have had the opportunity to see individuals do extremely well in trauma treatment and it reminds me of all the people in my life who have struggled with trauma and deserve to embrace growth in their life.
- Learn how to take care of yourself!
- Whatever you do [to care for yourself] make sure that there’s something in place that will give you access to the core of your being and your own stabilization.
Anna’s Go-To Books
- Trauma and Recovery: The Aftermath of Violence–from Domestic Abuse to Political Terror, Judith Herman
- Psychotherapy By Reciprocal Inhibition, Joseph Wolpe
The Trauma Therapist Project Resources
- My First Online Course: Inner-Work For The New Trauma Worker.
- 7-Day, $1 Trial of Trauma Therapist | 2.0, the place for new trauma workers.
- Coaching: One On One With Guy. For new trauma workers starting out on their trauma-informed journey looking for guidance, direction, and confidence.
- Free Ebook From Audible.com