Ed & Deb Shapiro
Ed and Deb Shapiro have been teaching mindfulness and meditation together for over 30 years. They are the authors of 17 books on meditation and personal growth; their latest is award-winning BE THE CHANGE: How Meditation Can Transform You and The World. Deb is the award-winning author of Your Body Speaks Your Mind.
Ed & Deb have led meditation retreats and personal development programs worldwide for over 25 years, are corporate consultants and coaches, and are featured columnists on HuffingtonPost.com, Awaken.com, and Oprah.com. Their radio show: Going Out Of Your Mind, is on VividLife.com.
Deb: center down.
Ed: may I be well, may I be happy, may all things go well for me.
Ed & Deb’s advice
- Find the still beneath the trauma, beneath the waves. And to do this, begin to sit quietly, begin to sit still.
- Go into the pain, but don’t fight it, and know that you’re bigger than your feelings.
- Remember, that you can’t take yourself too seriously.
Ed & Deb’s go-to books
- Zen Flesh Zen Bones: A Collection of Zen and Pre-Zen Writings, Paul Reps
- Siddhartha, Hermann Hesse